The traditional storage devices like hard disks, flash drives and other physical storage devices will soon be obsolete. This is because, in the business world, data sharing amongst employees to collaborate on projects is required. Many users have multiple devices for their personal use, including mobile phones, tablets, laptops and desktop PCs. Cloud storage allows users to access their personal data from any device. Cloud storage is becoming more popular as it’s more convenient. Cloud storage is superior to other options because it allows users to access their files remotely using a stable internet. Cloud storage stores confidential files of users on storage servers. Users can access their files from anywhere. Users can access and store files on the cloud using any of their devices, including tablets, laptops mobile phones desktop PCs etc. Cloud storage can be a great benefit for businesses, as it allows them to increase their productivity. Cloud storage eliminates the need to carry physical storage devices. Cloud storage allows users to store a wide variety of files including text documents, images and spreadsheets. Users can also upload videos, PDFs, videos or other types of files. Cloud storage providers offer a variety of features. Cloud storage also offers a backup feature. Data can be lost permanently if data is accidentally deleted or a physical storage device, such as a disk drive, is lost. Physical storage devices also have a limited storage capacity. The more storage space, the higher the cost. Physical storage devices could have compatibility or detection problems. A virus on a computer could infect a flash drive, or data loss can occur due to employee errors, server failures, and natural disasters. The cost of installing and maintaining new servers is much higher from an infrastructure perspective than cloud storage. The cost of buying, installing, and maintaining new servers is much higher than the alternative, cloud storage. This also helps to reduce energy bills and become more eco-friendly. Cloud storage allows for immediate data sharing, allowing multiple users to access the same information. This service is ideal for remote and internal work. Online cloud storage is therefore beneficial to all kinds of businesses. Cloud storage is an affordable platform that doesn’t require a large investment. It can also be used to connect and collaborate with employees and clients. Cloud storage is becoming a popular alternative for traditional storage.
II. Related Work
Hybrid cryptography is used to secure cloud storage systems. To show the difference between less and more secure systems, two different approaches were used. First, RSA and AES are used. RSA is for key encryption while AES is for text or data. AES and Blowfish are used in the second, or more secure approach. These two algorithms offer double encryption of data and keys in this approach. This provides higher security than the first. . ECC (Elliptic Curve Cryptography), a cryptographic algorithm, is used to secure the cloud storage. This method uses a single key to encrypt and decrypt data. The entire process is performed at the client’s side. This method includes steps like: a.Authentication; b.Key Generation Operation; c.Encryption and d.Decryption.
- SECURE FILES STORAGE IN CLOUD USING HYBRID CRYPTOGRAPHY
- INTRODUCTION The cloud storage offers a reliable and convenient way to store data. Information over the internet is becoming an increasingly important issue. Cloud storage is secured using cryptography.
- LITERATUR SUMMARY Punam V Maitri and Aruna Verma, “Data Security and Cloud Computing Issues” Joseph Selvanayagam and Akash Singh, Joans Michael and Jaya Jeswani, “Secure file storage on cloud using cryptography”.
- EXISTING SYTEM User chooses the file on the local storage. After encryption, the file is uploaded to cloud. It uses AES algorithm. It requires more time to decrypt and encrypt.
- PROPOSED System The proposed system is designed to ensure high security for data. It converts plain text to a ciphertext and stores it in the cloud. It uses AES 3DES RC6 algorithms to encrypt and decrypt data. It uses multithreading technology.
- DESCRIPTION MODULE Register Users can themselves by providing username, password, addresses, email-id, and phone numbers. Login User can login using credentials. Data encryption Data is encrypted using AES3,3DES, and RC6 algorithms.
- File Upload An encrypted will be uploaded. To download a document, the user must request a copy of it from the cloud. Data decryption The data will be decrypted using AES algorithm, 3DES algorithm and RC6.
- SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE
- CONTEXT Flow Diagram (CFD) Admin User Secure File Storage System Cloud Login Login Decrypt
- DATA Flow Diagram (DFD) Plaintext Encryption Text User Decryption Plaintext File Decrypted Cloud Login Request for File File Mail ID Password Level-1 DFD
- DFD LEVEL-2 Admin Login View User Details Database Mail ID and password Check for mail ID and password Login successful if mail ID and password mismatch
- DFD LEVEL-2 USER User encryption Decryption session has started Register Login database Mail ID and password Check for MailID and Password Login Successful If MailID and Password Mismatch Error If user already exists
- Diagram ER 14
- ALGORITHMS Standard (AES), a widely used encryption algorithm, is supported by both hardware and software. AES uses symmetric-key encryption. Plaintext is stored in blocks of 128,192 and 256 bits. Triple-DES is stronger and faster.
- step1 : Substitute bytes/ sub Bytes AES defines an S-box matrix of 16*16 byte values. This contains all possible 8-bit values.
- The inverse S-box is below table. This will be used in the decryption.
- step2 – Shift rows transformation Rules for shifting rows: 1) Row 1 = no shifting 2) Row 2 = 1 byte left shifting 3) Row 3 = two byte shift left 2) Row 4 = three byte shift left
- Step 4 : ColumnMix The column mix transformation is applied to each column separately.
- Step 5 : AddRoundKey A state array of 128 bits is XORed to the AddRoundKey and will produce ciphertext.
- Triple DES increases the complexity of DES and reduces its weakness. 3DES is a variant of the DES algorithm. It uses three keys of 64 bits. There are two and three key versions. The two-key version uses the same algorithm three times, but k1 is used for the first step and the last. Triple Data Encryption Standard (3DES).
- 3DES (Encryption and decryption with three Keys) Mathematical Equation i. C2=E(K2,C1) => C2=E(K2,E(K1,P) iii. C3=E(K3,C2) C3=E(K3,E(K2,C1)) C3=E(K3,E(K2,E(K1,P)))
- Decryption Mathematical Equation i. C2=D (K3,C3). ii. D(K2,C2)=> C1=D (K2,D (K1,C3). iii. P=D(K1,C1) P=D(K1,D(K2,C2)) P=D(K1,D(K2,D(K1,C3)))
- Rivest cipher 6 It was developed based upon RC5 but does its work faster than RC5. In its algorithmic calculations, RC6 makes use of four block size registers. It has a 128-bit block size. It supports key sizes up to 2040 bits.
- How to use RC6 Steps:
- DISADVANTAGES AND ADVANTAGES Encryption and decryption processes take less time. It offers safe backup. Cloud storage keeps data safe and secure, preventing unauthorized access. Cloud server requires an active internet connection.
- FUTURE SCOPE We also can improve the system by adding more file formats. We can in the future use different algorithms to encrypt and decrypt data.
- CONCLUSION Data security and privacy protection is the main problem in today’s society. To protect cloud data, we use cryptography encryption. Cryptography converts original data to Cipher Text. Only authorized users will be able to access the data on the cloud storage server.